How to select a gas heater for your pool or spa?
When you are selecting the gas pool heater or the solar pool heaters for your pool or spa, you need to take into consideration few facts that will help you in your decision. First you need to plan the energy efficiency that you get from that solar pool heaters and swimming pool covers Sydney, it needs to meet your needs and requirements, has to have appropriate digital display, rust-proof exterior, indicator for lights that is user-friendly and to be easy to maintain and install.
The gas heaters are among the best and they can provide the best gas pool heating or be suitable as pool heat pumps Adelaide. The heater also needs to have design that is resistant to corrosion and to be quiet in the functioning.
How to select the best pool gas heater or spa gas heater?
- The first step is to pay attention on the heat pump and on the gas heater because the costs might vary and be a problem for your budget. One of the alternatives is to have a gas heater that pumps the heat and runs on electricity circuit, and plus uses the air from the outside in order to pump the needed range of heat. The gas heater would heat the water up to 7 times faster than the heat pump and is much more beneficial and useful. The operational costs are lower and depending on the area where the heater is installed, the costs can be higher. The energy costs can save you higher percentage, the if the gas heater is run on propane, then you can save more than 75% of the total costs and if the heater is run on natural gas then you can save 40% of the total costs.
- The next step is to know the type of gas on which the heater is run. Some of the owners have access to the NG in order to install the heater in their homes, and the operating costs are less if you are enabled to use the NG.
- The 3rd step is to determine the altitudes because the heaters operate in different altitudes since are based to work in different heights. Some of the range in 2000’-6000’ while the others 6000’-9000’.
- The low Nox heaters are designed by specific standards and have different way of operations.
- The 5th step is to determine the durability of the heater. The performance of the heater is suitable if it is resistant from erosion or is maintained well on some unpredictable pH levels.
How to determine the size of the heater?
- The size of the heater depends on few factors and you need to take into consideration the costs, the size of your pool and spa and the surface. Also the other factors like the climate in the area where the spa or the pool is located, the humidity and the low operations might cause different measurements in the size of the heater. In the northern areas will be required to have larger heat in order to increase the temperature of the water faster.
- Sometimes if you are wanting to heat a larger public pool you may have to consider commercial pool heating systems such as Australian commercial solar pool heating solutions
The control system and the force air of the heater
- Some of the heaters have different control systems and are based on the size. Some small heaters have only one knob that is connected to a thermostat in order to control the heating process. Larger heater has microprocessor with LCD display where you can monitor the status and the operations of the heater.
- The force air can be affected by the heating performance of the heater by the wind conditions or the built-in design of the heater.
What is the thermal efficiency of the heater?
- Most of the heaters have the thermal efficiency in the range of 79-83% due to the transfer of the heat from the burners to the water.
- Other option is to have solar blankets that are used for covering the pool, but are not used by the customers, so it is not recommended to use them.
What is an efficient heater?
- You can determine whether the pool or spa gas heater is efficient if it does well in the British thermal unit and if uses $80 of worth heat for fuel of $100. The heaters have the efficiency labeled on the nameplates where the customers can choose from the wide range of heaters or swimming pool covers that are available with different efficiency.
How to maintain the heater?
- The maintenance requires some effort and money. If the heater is properly installed then you will have it for longer time, they are used to last more than 5 years. The repair costs don’t take too much and also you can read the manual of the heater in order to know how to work with the heater and not cause some defects.